Taylorhead

Re: Alienation announced, see the trailer and read the detai

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 pm

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_alienation_gamescom_trailer-32718_en.html

Direct download of the trailer. Quality is better than the youtube HD videos. I love how much destruction is going on. The laser guns remind me of the scenes in Terminator where they're in the future with laser guns

atomicorion

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 am

I gather there will be a survival or endless mode tommaso?

tommasodb

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:01 am

atomicorion wrote:I gather there will be a survival or endless mode tommaso?

We're definitely looking at ways to prolong the gaming experience after the campaign is over, but I'm not allowed to talk about that yet. Anyway, we're aware that some people simply burn through a campaign that took us years to build :-P

Unfortunately for now I can't say that much, the guys are still working with several ideas, testing what's fun and what's not. For example, we have a number of classes we are planning to implement in the game, but until they are all completely operative we won't find out if they're all fun to play. As of now, we've been working with two of them, and a few more will be tested in the coming weeks. The trailer itself kept people busy for the last... two-three weeks I think.

Some other gaming companies plan in a different way, we are all about iteration. We just try stuff until we find a combination that feels great. Some details of Resogun were made final like 2 weeks before shipping ^__^

Works for us, the downside is that I'll have to entertain you for a while :-P

atomicorion

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:43 am

tommasodb wrote:
atomicorion wrote:I gather there will be a survival or endless mode tommaso?

We're definitely looking at ways to prolong the gaming experience after the campaign is over, but I'm not allowed to talk about that yet. Anyway, we're aware that some people simply burn through a campaign that took us years to build :-P

Unfortunately for now I can't say that much, the guys are still working with several ideas, testing what's fun and what's not. For example, we have a number of classes we are planning to implement in the game, but until they are all completely operative we won't find out if they're all fun to play. As of now, we've been working with two of them, and a few more will be tested in the coming weeks. The trailer itself kept people busy for the last... two-three weeks I think.

Some other gaming companies plan in a different way, we are all about iteration. We just try stuff until we find a combination that feels great. Some details of Resogun were made final like 2 weeks before shipping ^__^

Works for us, the downside is that I'll have to entertain you for a while :-P

Cool,good to hear Tommaso :-)
I think most of us understand that developing a game takes time,with the creation then the testing to see what works and what doesn't.
I've been a keen supporter since SuperStardust :1grin: and I trust you guys will get it right as we've seen game after game that's released from Housemarque.

POLGY

Re: Alienation announced, see the trailer and read the details

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Oh, hope so it will be have local co op too,, We have played Dead Nation with my Brother on PS3 an then again on PS4 with my friend and we had sooo much fun by the game..

Alienation looks very very cool..

ZMayaZ

Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:00 pm

I found a nice interview with Mikael Haeveri from Housemarque on the Playstation Blog. It was posted last year.

In his own words, this is what you can expect:

We’ve some really, really cool stuff in Alienation – explosions with smoke plume effects,
and next gen effects that you wont have seen before. We’re able to do very dynamic stuff,
and very visually pleasing explosions that go beyond the edge of the screen with real physics interactions.
You’ll blow something up and the debris will interact with the environment and ricochet off walls.
We’re not going the route where absolutely everything is destructible, but a lot of stuff will get blown up.
And grenades. We have a lot of cool grenades. Alien tech grenades.
So, explosions are absolutely going to be a mainstay!

--- Mikael Haeveri, Housemarque

Read the full interview at http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/21/alienation-interview-housemarque-expect-resogun-follow/

Warhawk

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:10 am

REALLY excited for this game !!

tommasodb

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:25 pm

reef101783 wrote:will the camera angle be similar to dead nation or will you use the camera angle shown in the trailer?

The trailer uses several custom camera angles. For gameplay purposes, the camera will be closer to Dead Nation, as that's actually the one that gives you more visibility of the environment. There might be other camera angles used in the game, but probably not during gameplay.

justakuma

Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:15 pm

I preordered it today, can´t wait!!!

The new footage looks amazing. Does the game have an 4 player online coop?

Ohh and what´s the preorder bonus?

tommasodb

Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:22 pm

justakuma wrote:I preordered it today, can´t wait!!!

The new footage looks amazing. Does the game have an 4 player online coop?

Ohh and what´s the preorder bonus?

Yep, 4 players online drop in/drop out co-op.

The preorder bonus is a dynamic theme for your PS4.

Return to “Announcements & News”