GiSS88

Re: Local co-op is coming

Sat May 14, 2016 11:57 pm

tommasodb wrote:
eredrain wrote:Probably ask the next time ;-) I hope it comes in the next time.

I mean, don't get me wrong: local co-op, between online and local, is the less played of the two. The numbers we have are something in the range of 10% of players use local co-op (and yes, they're all on the internet complaining :D). That's why, given budget limitations, we have focused on online co-op first.

I just didn't expect so many of those 10% to be playing with their wives.

Add me to that list also! She enjoyed Dead Nation, but I don't think she's as interested this time (loot games/stats are over her head, she just wants to shoot things) but a buddy will definitely be playing with me.

meni32

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Any news about the release date of the local co op patch?
My wife and I really looking forward for it and we even bought another ps4 controller just for this game.
we are Big fans of Dead Nation and can't wait to play Alienation too.
Please update.

Thanks.

tommasodb

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:56 am

meni32 wrote:Hi Guys,

Any news about the release date of the local co op patch?
My wife and I really looking forward for it and we even bought another ps4 controller just for this game.
we are Big fans of Dead Nation and can't wait to play Alienation too.
Please update.

Thanks.

Hi there. The guys are still working on it. We're still targeting this month, but it will be towards the end. There's a placeholder date for now, but I'll confirm it as soon as I know it's actually gonna happen (there can always be a bug coming up, which will delay things).

thumbah

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Great news! When I know exactly when its comming, me and some of my friends are so gonna buy the game and host a game night! been looking forward to it a long time. :D

tommasodb

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:53 pm

I think we have an announcement scheduled for June 21st if all goes well. E3 is starting today so any news would be lost in the general chaos right now.

craiglongstaff

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:51 am

Playing online co-op each players loot is visible only to them, how will this effect local co-op ? With a shared screen all players will see the same so will the items remain visible until everyone has collected? Which would mean everyone gets the same drop, this makes sense for health, ammo, orbs and cores but weapon drops have a certain rarity / chance to them. Will this mean that chance is now shared and all players get the same drop? If so, will 4 player local have a different drop rate to solo or online?
It's no fun if it's too easy.
Top Down Twin Sticks (PS4 Community)

tommasodb

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:49 pm

craiglongstaff wrote:Playing online co-op each players loot is visible only to them, how will this effect local co-op ? With a shared screen all players will see the same so will the items remain visible until everyone has collected? Which would mean everyone gets the same drop, this makes sense for health, ammo, orbs and cores but weapon drops have a certain rarity / chance to them. Will this mean that chance is now shared and all players get the same drop? If so, will 4 player local have a different drop rate to solo or online?

Yes this was one of the problems we had to solve with local co-op. I'll have details shortly.

Blutruenstig

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Is the 21st June still the Date?

tommasodb

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Blutruenstig wrote:Is the 21st June still the Date?

If there are no changes today yes.

Blutruenstig

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Thats what i wanna hear :D
This is going to be Fkn awsome :lol:

Return to “Announcements & News”