Mephid

Final results in league screwed up

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:00 am

Today, I wanted to have a look at the final standings of last week's league round. However, when I got to the league rankings, only one player is shown in the final results and the remaining 9 players -including myself- are missing. This player is also shown as "staying in diamond league" with a mere score of 13 million points. This does not seem to be a display bug since I was sent from diamond league to platinum league, according to the +3 multiplier shown in the status screen. Frankly speaking, I find it hard to believe that 3 players should have beaten my final score, since I was in second place with 11 billion points -twice as much as the player in 5th place- 2 hours before the end of last week's round. To me it seems that the "final ranking" is showing the initial ranking after the first player 'opened up' the competition group. Is there any chance to get the *real* final results, receive the reward, and prevent the relegation to platinum league?

SteveSharpe

Re: Final results in league screwed up

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:28 pm

Are you getting a message after a mission that says your ranking failed to submit? I got a bug where my rankings would not submit, and when I looked at the leagues I could only see a single player in there, which is similar to what you are seeing.

Mephid

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:57 am

I stopped playing after seeing these disastrous results, so I can't say if new results would submit. I was hoping that someone had a similar issue and knew a way to get around this. If there is no way out of this, the game would practically be dead for me. The only thing that kept me going was the league competition anyway and if this screws up every now and then - and all the time I had invested is for nothing, like it seems- I would rather quit the game than *hoping* each week that my efforts will properly be accounted for.

tommasodb

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:51 pm

Let me link this to the team.

Mephid

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Thanks Tommaso, hoping to hear some good news from the team soon.

Insanity

Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Same thing happened to me.

I was in a full league since friday, looking good to stay in diamond in the run up to the Sunday promotion, then after the end of the league this:

No rewards, and only one guy from the league showing up on the board. I can't be certain, but I'm reasonably sure that guy *was* already in the league before the bug hit. It looks like the league is being cleared for next week before the reward system runs, and this guy was lucky enough to finish a small run in the time between it resetting and the actual reward handout. That said, that's nothing but guesswork.

I'd really like to get all my ammo colours finished so I can stop tryharding, a fix would be great.

Mephid

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:16 am

Sorry for you, my results look exactly the same.

Insanity

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Still broken after the weekend's league calculations, can't upload scores.

tommasodb

Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:18 pm

How's now? Sony did a server reset yesterday and it was supposed to improve on these problems.

Malphas

Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Still broken for me.

I spoke to someone at Housemarque over Twitter recently about the issue. Told them that the game is now pointless. They didn't like that and a small verbal battle ensued which was eventually resolved and they said that they know it's a deal breaker for some players.

The issue with this bug - for me - is that I purchased the game and the season pass specifically because the game contains a competative league system which gives it the replay value that the game lacks naturally... I watched my friend playing it, I liked it, I used to love Dead Nation back in the day and the league system in Alienation, while a bit weak, was enough to make me overlook the rather simple "Run round and shoot" style which I also thought was lacking compared to Dead Nations "FFS! Don't get hit while you run round and shoot" style.

I've completed every level, on every difficulty, solo (without even breaking a sweat). I have all the weapons and most of them are so near perfect there's little point in me playing the game just to try and get materials to do a bit of rerolling and obtain the odd extra slot. Even in a group of four I can just power my way through the levels leaving others behind saying "Nice!", "Thanks!" and "Wait!", that sort of "Look at me!" play gets old - fast - when that's the only thing you get out of running the level.

I love the game and I got hooked despite what I thought were a few weak aspects... I would love to play it right now but when I log in and see that the leagues are still broken I just close the app.

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”