Malphas

Re: Final results in league screwed up

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Still broken. ( 7 days down )

Aigwrai

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:58 pm

Guys, try to change Language for another and then go to league results... mine's were about two weeks totally on blank. I'll put this in a New tópico too.
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

tommasodb

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:05 am

Malphas wrote:Still broken for me.

I spoke to someone at Housemarque over Twitter recently about the issue. Told them that the game is now pointless. They didn't like that and a small verbal battle ensued which was eventually resolved and they said that they know it's a deal breaker for some players.

That was me. Its' always me everywhere (actually, in 2% of cases it could be someone else). But I hope we sorted that out.
First day after holiday, tons of stuff to catch up with, no good news to give. That harsh remark on the quality of the game wasn't timed perfectly ;)

Malphas

Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:00 pm

tommasodb wrote:
Malphas wrote:Still broken for me.

I spoke to someone at Housemarque over Twitter recently about the issue. Told them that the game is now pointless. They didn't like that and a small verbal battle ensued which was eventually resolved and they said that they know it's a deal breaker for some players.

That was me. Its' always me everywhere (actually, in 2% of cases it could be someone else). But I hope we sorted that out.
First day after holiday, tons of stuff to catch up with, no good news to give. That harsh remark on the quality of the game wasn't timed perfectly ;)

Hi again. 8-) Yeah, we sorted all that out.

My post on here details why I made that comment, it wasn't so much a criticism of the game quality as it was a very brief summary of what I posted here (due to the stupid way Twitter works - can't stand that platform)... Basically, for a completionist like me, I reach a point where I've done everything pretty quick, and I mean literally everything, so when I enjoy something I destroy the game over the course of a few days usually and I then need a league or something similar to carry on feeding my addiction. Anyway, that's all resolved and I think I made myself clearer on here now I'm not limited to 140chrs. Back on topic!

RE: The Bug

I'm going to keep posting here if it's broken/fixed each day and if anything different happens along the way. Just want to give you feedback and here seems a far more appropriate place than Twitter.

Still broken again today. Did something a bit different though and told me I wasn't in a league but I guess that's a coping mechanism as I've gone over 7days since the league round finished. It then said go do a mission (which I had just done when I started the app) so I went and did another quick run on the UFO but no joy, failed to submit and when I went back to check the league status it had the previous round results in there again with just one guy staying in the Diamond league with a really low score.

There's one thing that I can do to test this further, but I doubt it's going to make a difference as there's other people with the same problem who this wont have happened to... This all co-incided with me moving house, when I moved in to the new house I was playing downstairs connected straight in to the router and it worked fine, I think I finished a round down there and started the next one. Shortly after I moved the PS4 up to my office the problem occurred. Knowing what I know about networking I would say that there's no way that the issue is due to me swapping my kit around as everything else works fine with the game/other games/PSN, it's just the submission of scores in this game that's not working... However, my PS4 is now running on Wifi connected to a TPLink Powerline Wifi extender which is basically cloning the Wifi network downstairs and providing me with a second access point upstairs which lets me move around the house without disconnecting/reconnecting to two different networks - it used to be running with a CAT5 straight in to the router... At a stretch, maybe - just maybe - it's something to do with the semi-freaky setup being rejected because - maybe - it thinks I'm trying to cheat when submitting scores... Maybe it's falling foul of some kind of cheat protection or something like that. But like I say, that's a stretch and I have no idea if anything like that exists or if it does I obviously have no idea how it works, so it's a big stretch.

I'll take all that out of the equation today at some point, take the kit back downstairs, run a couple of missions, see if the problem persists and then include that in tomorrows post... Like I say, massive stretch, but that variation in setup is just going to keep nagging at me if I don't eliminate it as a potential source of the issue.

Aaaaaaand now you probably understand why I don't like being limited to 140chrs. :lol:

tommasodb

Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Uhmmmm, I don't think there's anything like that going on (the cheat protection), but anything you guys find we're interested in reading so it's easier to pinpoint the problem when and if we get around fixing it.

Malphas

Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:57 pm

tommasodb wrote:Uhmmmm, I don't think there's anything like that going on (the cheat protection), but anything you guys find we're interested in reading so it's easier to pinpoint the problem when and if we get around fixing it.

Well I did my dues and tested it out wired downstairs to see if it's something weird/cheaty. As I suspected, it's not, it makes no difference - as I said it was a massive stretch.

Knowing what I know about networking and coding (though I don't know the language you're using or the servers you are interfacing with) I suspect this bug would be incredibly simple to fix considering what it is : A transaction issue between a user and a server which, on face value, submits a UID and some additional info from the client to a server... As with the stuff I've created and the various API's I've worked with over the past 20 or so years in a variety of languages - those issues are some of the easiest to find and fix because if you get a submission and a rejection, you always get a reason for that rejection back to the software that made the request (your game) and on the server itself in whatever logging system(s) it's using (whatever that is and who controls it).

Based on your "Last patch... for now" post... I'm guessing the reason this isn't going to be fixed isn't because no-one knows what it is or how to fix it, in fact I'm going to take a stab and say that you know precisely what it is and how to fix it considering the length of time it has existed and how simple it should be to debug amd fix a transaction issue like that. So... It's obviously something else that's, by the sounds of it, based on the revenue stream for this game not being what it should be.

Ah well... Disappointed and if this league issue didn't exist I'd still play it even if there's no future updates planned. As it stands though, time to delete it. :1cry:

tommasodb

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:06 pm

I do believe the guys here would be able to fix it, if they had the opportunity to work on it, but as mentioned unfortunately right now we can't continue work on Alienation until something changes. I don't know if it would be "incredibly easy to fix", not a server guy so I'll take your word for it.

Malphas

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Aigwrai wrote:Guys, try to change Language for another and then go to league results... mine's were about two weeks totally on blank. I'll put this in a New tópico too.

Missed that post.

I deleted absolutely everything off my system so I'll reinstall and if that doesn't fix it, which I wasn't prepared to risk before I found out no more planned updates, I'll try changing language like you suggested - see if that fixes it.

Fingers crossed!

Malphas

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:18 pm

tommasodb wrote:I don't know if it would be "incredibly easy to fix", not a server guy so I'll take your word for it.

As I say, no idea of the language(s) or network architecture involved but when I've had issues with an API and I had working accounts and none working accounts it was always easy to find and fix simply because you have an example of both working/broken at your fingertips.

But, for all I know, Sony do things in their own special way and everything is insanely difficult to work with/debug/fix because you just submit something, that's processed their side, your error code is "Error: No" and not "Error: {this thing is wrong}" if that's the case then god knows. Never done any work with Sony, wouldn't know, just guessing.

Malphas

Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Complete uninstall wiped all my progress (expected) but the league page remained the same as before I wiped the game. Same goes for language change, switched that around - nada.

Ah well, was worth a shot. :1rolleyes:

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”