neolithic

Re: Final results in league screwed up

Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:10 pm

You should have saved your Savegame in the ps+ Cloud ....
Or if you don't have ps+ on a USB drive :o

Malphas

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:52 pm

neolithic wrote:You should have saved your Savegame in the ps+ Cloud ....
Or if you don't have ps+ on a USB drive :o

Not bothered... Nothing I can't do again :ugeek: and if there's nothing planned for the game I doubt I'll revisit it in the future.

Mephid

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:42 am

For a change, here is a post from an utterly disappointed and angry user.
I would have liked to say "thanks for all your efforts and all the good work", but unfortunately I can't.
Hearing that you are leaving players with a broken game system - namely the leagues - is probably one of the worst things I have ever seen from any games company whose games I have owned. IMHO, such behaviour forfeits all the good things you have done before and leaves me with very negative feelings towards housemarque.
For 4 weeks straight I - and others, too - have been unable to participate in leagues. Plain and simple, this means the game is dead for me (and probably also for others who may run into the league's upload bug in the future). I have been patient, always thinking that you will eventually fix this problem, and now this! Really housemarque?!? You just leave dedicated players alone? This is really a shame. I am sorry, but this is hardly acceptable.

Even if you are just a small studio and Alienation is not a AAA title, the least I would expect from any games company is that they fix game breaking bugs. Instead, you chose to introduce more features and more eye candy (DLC) before the rest of the games was working properly (again) - unfortunately, good intentions do not imply good work. I am just glad that I refrained from buying any DLC because this would have been a waste of money. If it would have been for another product than digital content, I would have returned Alienation and demanded a refund.
Now, Alienation just remains in my PS4's software library as a reminder how the software industry works theses days and last but not least, as a reminder to never again buy any housemarque product.

Malphas

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Mephid wrote:Plain and simple, this means the game is dead for me (and probably also for others who may run into the league's upload bug in the future).

That is one thing that really bothers me too.

They've admitted that they are aware that the league bug is a deal breaker for some players - it is for me, it is for you and it will be for a lot of other existing players... That's not the worst thing though in my opinion, the worst thing about this bug and the canning of the game while it exists is that Housemarque are still selling the game on the PSN - but they are well aware it's knackered.

Fair enough, if you're going to sh*tcan a game - do it - but... Don't keep selling it when you know it's broken and it's going to get people annoyed. I can afford the £30 or whatever I splashed on this game only for it to break down shortly after buying it, I'm an adult, I have disposable income. However, someone who isn't flush bought this game as part of a Birthday present or whatever for their kid and a week in to it, it broke and with a little research you found it was a known issue that's never (realistically) going to be resolved ? I'm guessing that's going to accumulate a lot of bad blood.

Bottom line : I'm pretty sure that you should be offering a refund when you are knowingly selling a defective product. Forgetting my gripe entirely, anyone who buys this game after the point you announced it was being sh*tcanned and it develops that defect - like it or not - you knowingly and willingly sold that person a defective product... And that's bad Karma.

Square

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:18 pm

You are right in some point, but don't forget that the leagues were added few weeks after launch as a part of free content.

Malphas

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Square wrote:You are right in some point, but don't forget that the leagues were added few weeks after launch as a part of free content.

The leagues specifically are what closed the deal for me and made me buy it - I would have spent a grand total of sod all on the game if they didn't exist. Watching my mate play it and seeing the leagues was the selling point.

So, being added after release as free content is irrelevant - completely - because I bought the game about two months ago, I bought the game with all of the content that it came with when I bought it and I also bought the season pass too. The fact it was added after the game was initially release is, as I say, completely irrelevant... I'm not even sure why you brought that up ?

Sagrawa

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Malphas, have you tried changing your NAT type to 1? I didn't have this problem, but that fixed several other issues for me.

Malphas

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Sagrawa wrote:Malphas, have you tried changing your NAT type to 1? I didn't have this problem, but that fixed several other issues for me.

I know I'm on Type-2 at the moment, and no I've not tried changing it over to Type-1. The only reason I've not tried that is it was working fine on Type-2 in my previous house, after I moved (about a month after buying the game) it was working on Type-2 and then when I moved upstairs on to a cloned Wifi device that runs over the earth cable to extend the range of my Wifi, it broke. I've take that out of the equation by taking it back to the living room from my office and tried it in there but wired in to the router makes no difference, but that was a stretch anyway.

I've deleted everything off my PS4, so I literally went back to scratch with no characters and then I tried it again with the same league results. Still in Diamond and still broken, so while it looks like character data is stored locally - whatever is going wrong with the league submissions is entirely server side, there's no way to fix that by wiping your system - none.

I already deleted it off my system again but I will download it and try a Type-1 NAT on the PS4 and post back the results. I suspect it'll be exactly the same as this stinks like an issue between the game and the game server, not the client and the game itself - by that I mean the game could have a server or is operating beyond anything the client had any direct influence over. Whatever is going wrong is obviously tied to my PSN id, that state - whatever it is - has become corrupted in some way - whatever that is - and now I can't submit results to the server. The fact other people can submit results is a good bet it's only a potentially game wide issue and everyone could encounter it, but obviously not everyone will.

Even if the NAT-2 was the reason for the bug coming to the front, I highly doubt it's going to resolve it now it exists... It seems far more final than that, or if it's not final - based on what I've read - it seems entirely random that it gets cured and it doesn't get cured often. I suspect a lot of people who encountered that bug who buy a lot of games just deleted it and moved on - I don't - I play one/two at a time for a long time.

Anyways... I'll try NAT-2, it's a good suggestion as were the rest I've seen but I'm about 99% convinced this problem will exist until it doesn't and it could exist forever, the only way I'd know is to keep checking and it's getting late in the day to keep trying workarounds. :-?

Appreciated :ugeek:

Malphas

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:51 pm

* NAT-1 ... I'll try NAT-1 ... It's downloading now. Heh.

Sagrawa

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:05 pm

*Fingers crossed*

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”