DannySparklez

Glitched Outside of Map, Final Room of Arkship

Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:47 am

Hello. Love the game, play it a lot.

I recorded a video of myself playing a 4man arkship 'normal' mode where I get glitched outside of the map in the bottom left of the final room (Level 5). Here's a ~2 minute video I recorded. I still don't understand how I got "sucked" into the corner here, but I end up outside of the map at the 1:40 mark. I was trying to unlock Arkship Legend difficulty on my tank, but unfortunately I was the squad leader. I couldn't get back into the map, couldn't suicide, couldn't promote someone else to leader, etc.

I saw the post about "no more patches", but still wanted to post anyways. I simply want to know what mechanic got me outside of the map.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Glitched Outside of Map, Final Room of Arkship

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 am

There used to be a lot of issues like that in the alien ships during beta, they were caused because some of the walls and other objects were hollow inside. It wasn't easy to get inside, but easy enough that people kept encountering it. I guess there's still some objects left that aren't solid and you happened to find one and were unlucky enough to get inside of it.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

Sagrawa

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Yeah, there are still some places where this happens. The consistent thing I've seen is that it only happens in certain corners where, like Yepe said, the objects are hollow, like the wall where you're stuck in and like the island with the 4 ramps. I've also only seen it happen when you're sprinting towards that said corner. So just avoid sprinting into corners.

slowgamgam

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:14 pm

This happened to a group I was in just a couple of days ago in the exact same spot in ark legend. The host got sucked in first, then I was too far from him and got teleported into his corner, then another player was also teleported into the corner. I thought it was pretty hilarious, but the host was not amused.

slowgamgam

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Oh you know what, on second thought, I was helping him level up a new character, and I think we might have been in veteran ark rather than legend. I can't remember for sure.

Sagrawa

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:07 pm

slowgamgam wrote:This happened to a group I was in just a couple of days ago in the exact same spot in ark legend. The host got sucked in first, then I was too far from him and got teleported into his corner, then another player was also teleported into the corner. I thought it was pretty hilarious, but the host was not amused.

Look at the vid.......guess who's playing there with him;)

slowgamgam

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:28 pm

haha well, look at that! too funny!

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:12 pm

slowgamgam wrote:haha well, look at that! too funny!

I didn't notice you there either :1laugh:
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

DannySparklez

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:17 am

Sagrawa wrote:Yeah, there are still some places where this happens. The consistent thing I've seen is that it only happens in certain corners where, like Yepe said, the objects are hollow, like the wall where you're stuck in and like the island with the 4 ramps. I've also only seen it happen when you're sprinting towards that said corner. So just avoid sprinting into corners.

Thanks for the explanation. Also, sprinting willy-nilly during rooms of chaos is my bread and butter. It may or may not be panic related.

slowgamgam wrote:This happened to a group I was in just a couple of days ago in the exact same spot in ark legend. The host got sucked in first, then I was too far from him and got teleported into his corner, then another player was also teleported into the corner. I thought it was pretty hilarious, but the host was not amused.

Hi, Slowgamgam!

You even asked me if I submitted it here! Too funny.

I wanted to share another video, but this one is amusing and certainly not a bug. At the end of Loud & Clear (Pripyat) the Tristar array thing comes out of the ground -- everyone knows what I am talking about. I can do it about 50% of the time now, but this was the first time it happened:

(It's only 10 seconds)

slowgamgam

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:01 am

You even asked me if I submitted it here! Too funny.

Senility is going to be a very smooth transition for me. Or maybe it already has been, and I just forgot.

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”