CosmicIgnorance

Online Connection Issues - Invisible Players

Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:36 am

2 friends and I have been trying to play online for the last couple of days and are having an issue with online co-op. Let's call us A, B, and C. A and B were in the same house (on separate PS4 consoles) and had no problem connecting. C could connect to B but not A, and same for A with C (could connect to B but not C). We tried having all 3 host at different times to no avail. Oddly, when B would host, both A and C would connect and be visible to B but not to each other. We could even play missions but neither A nor C would appear to each other, except for the occasional phantom kill. Does anyone have an idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? This is seriously diminishing our enjoyment of the game and any help will be greatly appreciated.

TEABAGNEMESIS

Re: Online Connection Issues - Invisible Players

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:55 am

Sounds like a nat issue. Were you in a party chat at the time? If the 3 of you are on nat type 2 (or 1), there shouldn't be problems though. 'A' + 'B' seem to be ok, so firstly I would be checking the modem/router settings for 'C'.

Sagrawa

Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Yeah, I had this problem a lot too, changing my NAT type to 1 fixed it.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Yup, it's a NAT issue.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

CosmicIgnorance

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We will check our NAT settings next time we get a chance to play. I'm pretty sure we were all type 2, so we'll look into switching to type 1.

TEABAGNEMESIS

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:20 am

CosmicIgnorance wrote:Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We will check our NAT settings next time we get a chance to play. I'm pretty sure we were all type 2, so we'll look into switching to type 1.

I used to have intermittent issues with online, particularly gta. Rather than bridging the connection to nat 1, have a look at forwarding the common ports for your ps4. You need to set a static ip for it first, but it is worth spending an hour or so setting it all up. I used to have nat 2 as well, but haven't struck a single issue since doing this.

https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

This is a fairly comprehensive guide for it. You just need to know the login settings for your router. Good luck.

xSean87

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:45 am

Same issue here, connecting to one specific player last couple of days with same issue. Really sad about it. Was having a good time and all of the sudden this happened.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:57 pm

xSean87 wrote:Same issue here, connecting to one specific player last couple of days with same issue. Really sad about it. Was having a good time and all of the sudden this happened.

The game works pretty much normally even when the two clients can't see each other. The hosting player can see both players and can interact with both of them. The issue is only between the two clients. If you can live with the fact that an invisible player kills enemies and receives end mission loot then you can definitely play even when this error occurs. Only problem that I can think of happens when the whole squad is about to wipe and the clients can't revive each other because of the invisibility, but you can likely get around this as well by reviving the host who can then revive the other clients.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”