weksing

Re: Cannot connect UNX

Fri May 05, 2017 12:52 pm

im using 1TB PS4 pro and i have Thomson TG789VN so althou it doesnt single out just the Zyxells but its not limited to those

weksing

Fri May 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Also a friend of mine is playing with Thomson and a 500gb PS4 and he has the same issue, we can play together just fine but nothing related to the unx hq works

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri May 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Well at least on Tekninen's case it seems likely that there's something wrong in the router settings. I used to have a Thomson router myself and it was pretty much garbage so I would guess that it's causing issues to your friends as well weksing.

How to fix those issues (if they are caused by router settings) however is another topic and I'm not sure if I have the required know how. First step however would be to connect a PC to the router and to log in to its control panel. You could also try to reset it to factory defaults. If you do any of these things, please do them on your own risk!
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

Tampaz

Sun May 07, 2017 10:54 pm

I have the same issue with connecting to UNX. I also use zyxell VMG1312-B10D like some others who have this problem.

I tried using my phone as a hotspot while playing, and was able to connect to the UNX matrix even though I had NAT type 3... this makes it impossible to actually play with most other people so it isn't much of a fix.

Something weird is going on if I can connect with poor quality NAT type 3 but not with my NAT type 2 router.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 08, 2017 10:38 am

This is what I got when I asked around:

"Server access needs TCP connectivity to port 5555. The online game uses UDP but I have forgotten the port, maybe I'll go look it up."
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

Alppa

Mon May 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Please do ask about all the ports needed to open to play the game fully. Seems there is an issue with most if not all Zyxel and Thompson router users mainly. I just started playing the game when it came via PS+ and I REALLY LIKE IT! It just bums me out that i cannot connect to UNX and there fore can't play any PvP related content or weekly missions etc. and i am restricted to play co-op only with friends. Watching this topic very actively and thanks for doing some digging, I'm sure many people will be happy if we find a solution via port opening or maybe a incoming patch. Keep it up! :)

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed May 10, 2017 6:41 pm

I try to remember pressure the coder tomorrow. We're quite busy at the moment, so he must've forgotten :-)

CosmicMember

Sat May 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Same problem here. I can play with friends, but UNX connection has never worked. PS4 1TB and Thomson tg789vn. Tried opening ports but still nothing happens. UNX connection works fine if using shared connection from mobile. This problem only occurs when playing Alienation, every other game working without problems.

rockNrolf

Sun May 14, 2017 1:36 am

Same problem here too. Can't connect to UNX, but sometimes I can play with randoms. Other games work online fine. NAT2. Ps4 pro. Zyxell with 100/10 Sonera (vai Teliako se on nykyään :D ) fiber connection.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 am

I can't give specific advises how to do this since all you use different routers and setups, but Port 5555 (tcp) needs to be open in order for the online multiplayer to work.

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”