Aigwrai

Not compatible data on a save in anoher console

Mon May 29, 2017 12:31 am

I need help to understand how the PSN regions and the relation of american and european accounts works.

I'm from Brazil and my account is brazillian (that's the one which I payd for Alienation), but I also have an US account. These two works very well and I can play the local coop with no problems, and brazillian/US friends as well.

Now I've created an UK account and paid for Alienation on it, because I'm well aware PSN understands european and american versions of Alienation as two distincts games, since I see different save directories when I save them in a USB stick.

I've sent a friend my account info and we were about to make a local coop with his account and mine, but the message on my users when he see my character select screen is "not compatible data". I don't understand why is that so, because I've paid for Alienation in a UK account and my friend's account is from UK... :1huh: If needed, I have a screenshot of the error.

Now I wanna an explanation of how it works and if there's a way to solve this problem, because it shouldn't happen, right?
I've paid for a game I already have to do this, so please help me to understand what happened, please... :-(
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

s-p3ci4L-K

Re: Not compatible data on a save in anoher console

Mon May 29, 2017 1:22 pm

I do not understand what exactly did you do?

You bought the game on another account and tried to pass the save file on another console?

That will never work
Why did you buy the game a second time to begin with?
If you have your primary account on your console and it is set as primary, all sub accounts get all the games.
Secondly, when another player logins, he just have to login with their credential.
Seems a little sketchy what you are trying to do

TEABAGNEMESIS

Mon May 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Did you upload your Brazil or UK save? It seems like you did the wrong one.

Aigwrai

Mon May 29, 2017 5:03 pm

TEABAGNEMESIS wrote:Did you upload your Brazil or UK save? It seems like you did the wrong one.

When you try to download the save from American version of the game having the European version installed, the console informs you that "you can't download a save from a game you have not installed in your console", so it's the right one... Plus, I see my characters from european save, I just can't play with them in a local coop because they say this data isn't​ compatible... It's strange because we're supposed to have just a single version for Europe... And a different save would avoid you from downloading it...
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

Aigwrai

Mon May 29, 2017 5:08 pm

s-p3ci4L-K wrote:I do not understand what exactly did you do?

You bought the game on another account and tried to pass the save file on another console?

That will never work
Why did you buy the game a second time to begin with?
If you have your primary account on your console and it is set as primary, all sub accounts get all the games.
Secondly, when another player logins, he just have to login with their credential.
Seems a little sketchy what you are trying to do

It works, I've done it several times, but just with American accounts. I don't understand why my European save won't work in a coop with another account which has the same specifications... It's the same game but seems to have a different datasave... I need to know what happened that cause that...
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

Aigwrai

Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm making some tests here. Considering I was trying to do this with my brazillian account, I'll try it now with my UK user.
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

TEABAGNEMESIS

Mon May 29, 2017 10:56 pm

Are you certain your friend has the correct version of the game? I guess the other thing would be to make sure they have downloaded all the dlc packs properly too.

Aigwrai

Tue May 30, 2017 5:47 am

TEABAGNEMESIS wrote:Are you certain your friend has the correct version of the game? I guess the other thing would be to make sure they have downloaded all the dlc packs properly too.

Yeah, mate! We were sure about that... We run more tests and here's what we got: my brazillian acount seems to create not compatible data with European accounts, even if it's actually the European version of Alienation... I've got a Portuguese account and it happened the same error. I've got my UK account and it worked very well with other European accounts. Why? I can't answer... But I was able at least to do what I was trying to do...
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

TEABAGNEMESIS

Tue May 30, 2017 8:17 am

At least you were able to figure it out! I hope your friend enjoys his gifts ;)

Aigwrai

Tue May 30, 2017 2:36 pm

TEABAGNEMESIS wrote:At least you were able to figure it out! I hope your friend enjoys his gifts ;)

:1laugh: :1grin: :1cool:
Wait!
Over here!
Nice!

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”