aglid

Tank amo bug

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,
This isn't easy to explain... I'll start with facts:

- Amo used are removed from both your gun and and your stack of amo.
Sample: Devastator with 200 amo loaded and a stack of 500. You use 100 => you have 100 in your gun and 400 stack.

- Reloading your gun doesn't remove amo from your stack.

So, it's weird... but it's fine.

- Sometimes (many times), when you change weapon, you enjoy a fast auto-reload if the gun you just equiped wasn't fully loaded.

THE ISSUE (tank only)
You lose amo when you get an auto-reload.
Sample with devastator: You start with 200/500, You use 100 => 100/400.
You change weapon and then change back for devastator. You get auto-reload => 200/300. You lost 100 amo.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tank amo bug

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:23 am

How the weapons behaved on the tank was a bit tricky during the development if I remember correctly. There was a lot of bugs with various things, but I thought we managed to squash them all. Seems that we didn't :-(
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

TEABAGNEMESIS

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:34 pm

aglid wrote:Hi,
This isn't easy to explain... I'll start with facts:

- Amo used are removed from both your gun and and your stack of amo.
Sample: Devastator with 200 amo loaded and a stack of 500. You use 100 => you have 100 in your gun and 400 stack.

- Reloading your gun doesn't remove amo from your stack.

So, it's weird... but it's fine.

- Sometimes (many times), when you change weapon, you enjoy a fast auto-reload if the gun you just equiped wasn't fully loaded.

THE ISSUE (tank only)
You lose amo when you get an auto-reload.
Sample with devastator: You start with 200/500, You use 100 => 100/400.
You change weapon and then change back for devastator. You get auto-reload => 200/300. You lost 100 amo.

Get into the habit of clicking R3 to reload, then cut it short and quickly change weapon and collect some ammo. This solves it.

aglid

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Sorry to bring the bad news, hope you can fix it someday.
To avoid the issue, I have to make sure I reload before changing weapon and I have to wait until it is fully done to make sure.
If not fully loaded and getting fast auto-reload, chances of losing amo are 100% (tank only)
It also happened even if fully loaded, but that's pretty rare. In that particular rare case, I don't know what triggered the bug. Sometimes, changing weapon gives you auto-reload even if the weapon was fully loaded... probably because I switched weapon too fast after reloading. At least, I can say the issue is always connected to the random auto-reload when changing weapon.
If too difficult to fix, I would say simply remove auto-reload for tank. It is a poisoned gift atm and I think the other class can have auto-reload while tank doesn't... he has other big advantages, even if you only really notice it when you put a lv30 legendary devastator in his hands after being used to play saboteur with the same weapon.

Edit
TEABAGNEMESIS wrote:
Get into the habit of clicking R3 to reload, then cut it short and quickly change weapon and collect some ammo. This solves it.

Well, it is really annoying and it isn't supposed to be that way. Sure, as you say, we can manage... but... saying that this solve it is another story.
Note that, like explained above, a too quick change might end up with amo loss anyway.

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”