Ev1lkn1evelZ

Game crashed, savegame corrupted

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi there,

my game just crashed and the savegame ist not usable anymore, is anyone else there whom this happened to?

Trimeric

Re: Game crashed, savegame corrupted

Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:26 am

I experienced the same issue this evening on the UFO mission just after looting the chest room. The game crashed and I received a CE-34878-0 error. When launching Alienation right after the crash I received the save game is corrupted message. Is there a fix? Please tell me there is...

Sagrawa

Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:01 pm

You can try to download the save file from the cloud. With a little luck that one isn't corrupted. Settings>Application Saved Data Management>Saved Data in Online Storage>etc.>Overwrite

Schlitz

Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:57 am

I've gotten this message twice but when I restarted the game my saves were still all there. Pretty odd.

tommasodb

Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:13 am

Yeah this showed up before. It says it's corrupted but it's not. Just restart the game.

TygApan

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:54 pm

The game crashed while I was playing local coop with 2 friends this weekend and we got the corrupted save message. Weeks of progress got lost for both my friends but not for me and I was player 1, started the game and all that. I didn't bother taking note of the error code when it crashed because game crashes has become so common these days (in general, not this game specifically) it's become rutine to just restart right away. Usually it's fine. This time disaster struck and the data was lost even after restarting again.

I really do enjoy this game but it might be hard to get my friends playing again after this unless the problem gets a fix.

Does this game save in the cloud for all players like Helldivers or is it just an option for PS+ members?

Oh, and while I'm on this board with problems I'd also like to say that the camera needs a slight adjustment for couch coop. You can't se anything while going upwards not even really when everybody goes in a line next to each other. When one player is standing behind the rest you can only see a few feet infront of you and have no idea what you are shooting at and get no chance to see incoming aliens or bullets. But you can see fine behind you. The camera won't center over the characters. This is not something that happends sometimes. It's how the camera behave normally and constantly.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:07 pm

TygApan wrote: (---) Oh, and while I'm on this board with problems I'd also like to say that the camera needs a slight adjustment for couch coop. You can't se anything while going upwards not even really when everybody goes in a line next to each other. When one player is standing behind the rest you can only see a few feet infront of you and have no idea what you are shooting at and get no chance to see incoming aliens or bullets. But you can see fine behind you. The camera won't center over the characters. This is not something that happends sometimes. It's how the camera behave normally and constantly.

There's probably not going to be changes made to the local co-op camera. The game was originally designed for online co-op and unfortunately it shows in the local co-op in the form of some camera issues.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

tommasodb

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:59 pm

To elaborate on that: any change to the camera would have a domino effect on enemy spawns, so unfortunately we couldn't easily change it.

tommasodb

Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:24 pm

confushon wrote:I would like to let you know this happened to me as well. My brother and I lost our entire save. All Characters. Hours of game play. One crash. Two corrupt files. Would you guys like to fix this? Though to be honest. I'm done. I'll go back to rocket league now. Where my progress isn't lost if I crash. Very good game idea. Very bad execution.

You lost one with this crash. Probably two. You owe my brother a refund on his purchase in my opinion, but i bet i just get "don't be salty" replies.
SALT LVL = 1000 right now.

John Cochrane

Hi John, of course we're not pleased to hear that the game corrupted your save. If you did get a specific error and saved it, it would be helpful to determined why that happened. I'll make a note to the team so at least they know what's going on.

confushon

Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:29 pm

tommasodb wrote:
confushon wrote:I would like to let you know this happened to me as well. My brother and I lost our entire save. All Characters. Hours of game play. One crash. Two corrupt files. Would you guys like to fix this? Though to be honest. I'm done. I'll go back to rocket league now. Where my progress isn't lost if I crash. Very good game idea. Very bad execution.

You lost one with this crash. Probably two. You owe my brother a refund on his purchase in my opinion, but i bet i just get "don't be salty" replies.
SALT LVL = 1000 right now.

John Cochrane

Hi John, of course we're not pleased to hear that the game corrupted your save. If you did get a specific error and saved it, it would be helpful to determined why that happened. I'll make a note to the team so at least they know what's going on.

CE-34878-0 is the error that is in my log.

Return to “Bug reports, Support & Help”