tommasodb

The 'Jarvis Project' will bring arcade competitive gaming back!

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:15 pm

As streaming on Twitch is becoming almost as common place as binging on Netflix, the most watched team games are becoming sports in their own right. Professional players come from very competitive communities, adding a whole new level of complexity and strategy to a game. Most of the work in the top e-sports games is done after launch, and they become “real” to the public once the community starts adding their contributions.

The games made by designers such as Eugene Jarvis were meant for public consumption and placed in very competitive environments. The fact that the purpose of local leaderboards was bragging rights introduced a whole new way of social interaction.

Rest of the blog post HERE.

One graphic element you'll see a lot in the game:

Video of the first in-house tournament:

DenT4FacE

Re: The 'Jarvis Project' will bring arcade competitive gaming back!

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:20 am

YES! Man.. I love that pitch.

I want Esports to become more than Dota and Counterstrike.. it's bound to happen and I'm so glad to see that you guys are attempting to be a part of it. Just awesome.. and smart.

Sidenote, that smile Harry did when he heard that the game broke one of the testers :mrgreen:
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN

tommasodb

Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:55 am

DenT4FacE wrote:Sidenote, that smile Harry did when he heard that the game broke one of the testers :mrgreen:

Ehehe, we're still trying to find out the right balance between it being hard and being fair. We also try to invite playtesters of various skill levels just to have a better understanding of how the game feels for both beginners and veterans.

SIONTIS

Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:15 pm

2018? I hope it gets a release date soon, I really want something to replace Resogun with , I am running on fumes.

tommasodb

Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:08 pm

SIONTIS wrote:2018? I hope it gets a release date soon, I really want something to replace Resogun with , I am running on fumes.

I believe it will be sometime in 2017, if enormous problems don't emerge.

Lukeuntld073

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm

tommasodb wrote:
SIONTIS wrote:2018? I hope it gets a release date soon, I really want something to replace Resogun with , I am running on fumes.

Will there be a beta?

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:34 pm

Lukeuntld073 wrote:
tommasodb wrote:

Will there be a beta?

Unfortunately I can't comment on that. More info about the features and other stuff will be released at some point so keep an eye out :-)
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

Return to “Announcements & News”