Dainebag

Sound bug - PS4

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Hey! Awesome game!

However I've ran into a bug. On the second level (the ice one) just after moving to the first "secret level" there is a sudden crunch in the sound and the SFX cuts out but the music keeps playing.

After completing this small secret level, sometimes rarely, it kicks back in but 90% of the time I've tried it the SFX stay silent for the rest of the level.

Obviously this makes it impossible to play and save humans etc.

I have triggered every time without fail and can record it for you and give you a YouTube link if that helps?

A quick fix would be great as I can't progress past this level in the arena otherwise!

Thankyou

Dainebag

Re: Sound bug - PS4

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 pm

After making this complaint I couldn't get the bug to trigger on the same level. So I carried on playing and experienced it on the fire level this time.

Here is a link. A few seconds into the secret area the sound FX pops and cuts out

https://youtu.be/znLNKd0H5vE

vasteel1ne

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:15 am

I myself hit the same issue level 3 I had the game pounding my speakers and that sound issue cropped up and almost knocked me out of my chair scared the hell out of me and the sound effects were almost muted. Hopefully a patch is incoming.

Gitaroo

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:50 am

I found more sound bug, sound would disappeared if I wake the ps4 up from sleep mode. They just turn into cracking and poping sound.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for reporting this issue. We are investigating this.
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

taino86

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:22 am

I keep getting a sound bug int the last world after I enter the third level. I hear a crunch and all the sound effects cut off. This is with the path 1.04 installed. I was playing in rookie by the way. Don't judge.

taino86

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:16 am

To clarify, the no sound effects bug occurs in Future Labs on rookie difficulty right after the third level. Was playing for the first time on a base PS4. Was playing on arcade mode when the glitch first happened and later the glitch reoccur when playing the same world individually. The bug did't happened when I played that particular world on experienced difficulty. Hope it gets patched soon.

Great game by the way. Housemarque never disappoints!

TygApan

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Hello!

I hope you manage to fix the sound problem. Me and my friends recently started playing this game co-op and we get this bug a lot. We had it plenty on the third level and almost every time on level 6. There is a loud and sharp distorted sound from the speakers and then the sound effects is cut out. Some times it comes back after dying, some times the SFX stays gone and the speakers keep crunching now and then. When that happens it's unbearable because this game sounds great when it's working so we like to crank up the volume real high to fully enjoy the experience. The only good thing about this bug is that it scares the **** out of my wife's cat and I don't like him.

We are on a 5.1 sound system if that could be in any way relevant.

Good Luck!

hmq-singen
Developer
Developer

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 am

Patch was released yesterday, I hope that fixes the issue for everyone.

TygApan

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:41 am

This evenings game session had 0 sound bugs. Awesome work! Thanks!

Return to “Support & Help”