BenGmanUk

High score ruining bug?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:00 pm

So I've been chasing the high score for Arcade experienced and seem to often miss a disruptor only getting 2 out of 3 which in later levels completely ruins a high score run. The vid below drops around 12+ million for missing the disruptor.

Unless I'm going mad, the video below only spawns 2 disruptors, one on 4-8 and another on 4-10. Each time you can hear 'Distruptor detected' at the start of that stage.

Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYjGgqQw5o

BenGmanUk

Re: High score ruining bug?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Happened again. This time they spawned on S-3 and 4-14 with no 3rd one spawning. This is annoying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwltugeOKo

Square

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:41 pm

There is an additional hidden level in World 4 (non-accessible during play) and sometimes one of them may appear there.

BenGmanUk

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:59 am

Ah is this a known issue then? Any plans for a fix?

Square

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:12 am

Here is an explanation from dev Yepe at HMQ Discord channel.
There's one level in the background that is specified to be playable level. Thus the function that fills the world with disruptors considers it to be a valid level for disruptor spawns even though there's no route for the player to that level.
Changing this would also break the replays because determinism wise any changes to the world / levels are equally impactful. So when our game saves your run as a replay and later tries to reproduce that playthrough on its own, it doesn't matter if something in the background has been changed or if we add 100 enemies to a level. From the game's point of view both changes are as confusing.
It might be more obvious to you guys that of course your replay stops working if you killed 20 enemies in a level and then we patch in 100 enemies to that level. The game wouldn't have any idea how you dealt with the 100 additional enemies that weren't there before and thus the replay wouldn't work either.
Our game thinks that a small change in the level definition is as big of a deal to you as 100 extra enemies.

Kati
Developer
Developer

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:19 am

Hey BenGmanUk! Yeah, you can join our Discord channel over here https://discordapp.com/invite/ZdgcQrb :-)
Cool as ice :1cool:

BenGmanUk

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:12 am

Great thanks for the explanation guys and sure will join up when not on my phone.

Return to “Support & Help”