tommasodb

Re: !!! I Can't play outland on steam !!!

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:02 pm

eggwving wrote:oh no no no not is my main graphic card man i use labtop it change time i play something
my GeForce GT 740M

Ok, we need to take a look at the log file to know what's wrong.

1. Open a "run" dialog (windows key + r)
2. Copy the text "%APPDATA%\Housemarque\Outland\log.txt" (no quotes) and paste it into the combo box to the right of "Run:"
3. Click "OK"

Please email the log.txt to "rockemsockem@knockoutgames.co"

We'll see then.

eggwving

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:51 pm

... -*-this is the end..

ruskhov

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi,

I bought Outland last week on Steam, but everytime i try to launch it, it launch the install of Direct 9.0Web, then it stops, and the game never launch.
I tried to uninstall the game then install it again, but the problem is still there.
I tried to fix it with Steam that proposed me to verify the "cache" of the game (sorry, i'm french, and in french that's the word, i don't know it in english). But the problem goes on ...
Please help me. I'm sad having buy the game but can't use it ...
I am on Windows 10 family, with a computer Intel Core i7-3630QM 2,4 GHz, RAM 8G.

I wait for your answer to find a solution.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:52 am

ruskhov wrote:Hi,

I bought Outland last week on Steam, but everytime i try to launch it, it launch the install of Direct 9.0Web, then it stops, and the game never launch.
I tried to uninstall the game then install it again, but the problem is still there.
I tried to fix it with Steam that proposed me to verify the "cache" of the game (sorry, i'm french, and in french that's the word, i don't know it in english). But the problem goes on ...
Please help me. I'm sad having buy the game but can't use it ...
I am on Windows 10 family, with a computer Intel Core i7-3630QM 2,4 GHz, RAM 8G.

I wait for your answer to find a solution.

I'm sorry to hear that. I googled some answers and it seems that Windows 10 sometimes has problems with directX 9 but it should be fixable. Try this for starters: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

ruskhov

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to download the thing you tell me, but after launching it and installing it, it says that i have an advanced version of DirectX, more advanced that the 9.0, and it doesn't change the problem.

Yepe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 am

ruskhov wrote:Thank you for your answer.

I tried to download the thing you tell me, but after launching it and installing it, it says that i have an advanced version of DirectX, more advanced that the 9.0, and it doesn't change the problem.

Alright... Try this then: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
It's time to squash bugs and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. :1rolleyes:

SpiderJake

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:26 am

I understand your pain. I rebooted my computer still didn't work. But I reinstalled it a bunch of times and then it worked. But then I waited and hour and checked to see if it still worked and I was back to the drawing board.

Return to “Support & Help”